The workshop is not technical and is suitable for all team members. Many group exercises reinforce the principles learned. The workshop is also valuable for management tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile.
The workshop can be requested as public open-enrollment or alternatively conducted on-site. A signed copy of the DAD book is provided for each attendee. Planning poker decks of cards are also provided.
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)
- Agile Foundations
- Forming DAD Teams
- Inception Phase: Initiating a DAD Project
- Construction Phase: Building Consumable Increments of your Solution
- Transition Phase: Releasing the Solution to your Stakeholders
- Adopting DAD
- Governing DAD Teams
- Summarizing the Workshop: A Retrospective
IBM has a 3 day workshop on Advanced Disciplined Agile Delivery.
Agile is an evolutionary approach to system development that focuses on the regular delivery of high-quality software in a timely and cost efficient manner, with just enough ceremony, and which meets the changing needs of its stakeholders. Agile software development offers the potential for significant process improvement if you adopt it properly. But, it can cause significant disruption if you adopt it improperly. This course provides a tool-independent overview of a disciplined, full-lifecycle approach to agile software delivery. It teaches you to successfully apply fundamental agile techniques throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
- Explain the fundamentals of agile software delivery
- Explain the disciplined agile delivery lifecycle
- Demonstrate the difference between Scrum and Disciplined Agile Delivery
- Describe common agile practices and techniques
- Apply common agile techniques to a simulated project
- Explore how you can become more agile on your projects
- Describe strategies for transitioning to agile approaches
- Describe strategies for scaling agile approaches